How is Clear Choice Different?
A cookie-cutter approach to post-surgical rehab is often insufficient for proper recovery and can be damaging. Yet, a one-size-fits-all approach to health care is all too common at many traditional physical therapy facilities. The reality is that each patient is different, and each type of surgery is different. Accordingly, each patient’s healing process is different, so each recovery plan should be different too.
At Clear Choice Physical Therapy, the same physical therapist works one-on-one with you at every session. Having the same therapist throughout your rehab program allows the physical therapist to:
- Closely monitor your progress during long-term and short-term rehab programs.
- Understand which physical activities you can endure.
- Customize your plan of care in order to improve results.
- Adjust treatment to account for other health conditions.
- Immediately course-correct to minimize setbacks and prevent recovery from stalling.
- Respond to changes in pain or inflammation.
You put a lot of time and thought into your decision to have surgery. Ensuring that you receive the best post-surgical rehab care is critical to determining how successful your surgery will be.
First Post-Surgical Visit
At your first post-surgical visit to our office, you and your physical therapist will discuss the process and importance of post-surgery recovery. You will talk through:
- Your pre-surgery activity level and post-operative recovery goals.
- The early stages of healing in the weeks after surgery.
- How to avoid and reduce painful scar tissue.
- Protecting what surgery has repaired or replaced.
- Tips on pain management and pain medication after leaving the hospital.
- How to reduce inflammation.
- Minimizing the impact of surgery and rehab on healthy body parts.
During this first post-surgical visit, we will work with you to establish a timeline of recovery. The timeline will be fluid, as each person can speed up or slow down in their recovery depending on several factors. The more involved your physical therapist is in your rehab after surgery, the more likely you are to heal faster and regain your full strength at the end of your recovery timeline.
Getting Started at Clear Choice Physical Therapy
To get started with a rehabilitation program at Clear Choice Physical Therapy, the first step is to contact our treatment center at (954) 610-2253. A member of our team can help you book an appointment at our Fort Lauderdale rehab center and physical therapy clinic. We can also help you with any insurance or payment questions regarding the cost of post-surgery recovery programs.